NC snack food factory resuming limited production
GARNER, N.C. — Workers are restarting production at a North Carolina snack food factory damaged by a fatal explosion last month.
ConAgra Foods Inc. says limited production will begin this week on the north side of the sprawling facility in the Raleigh suburb of Garner. The site’s south side, used for packaging, was heavily damaged in the June 9 explosion that killed three employees and injured dozens of others.
Two federal agencies have blamed natural gas for the blast.
Workers have been paid their wages since the explosion. ConAgra says it is working with its plant in Ohio and third-party manufacturers to help with packaging the products.
(Copyright 2009 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)
Workers are restarting production at a North Carolina snack food factory damaged by a fatal explosion last month.
Story summary image
More: continued here