Azalea Festival holds art contest for children grades K-5
The 63rd Annual North Carolina Azalea Festival is pleased to announce an art contest open to children in our area in grades K-5. The selected artwork will appear on souvenir items for the 2010 Azalea Festival. This is a unique opportunity for our community’s children and it allows the festival to not only showcase our wonderful community, but also give local students an opportunity to shine.
The winner of the contest will receive several items including the opportunity to ride in the parade with a celebrity guest. In addition, the winner will present a basket of Azalea Festival souvenir items featuring their artwork to Governor Beverly Perdue at the Governor’s Press Conference in the spring.
This contest will give children a chance to be a part of the history of Wilmington and the 2010 North Carolina Azalea Festival. For the past 63 years, the NC Azalea Festival has meant a lot of different things to participants. For some, it is a time to relish in the beauty of the gardens. For others, it’s a time to sing and dance. Many enjoy serving on
committees as community volunteers, but most simply enjoy spending time at the festival creating memories with their friends and families.
This year the festival wants to know ….What does the NC Azalea Festival mean to our children.
* Student must be in grade K-5
* Artwork must be completed on 8.5 x 11 paper or larger, hard copy originals only
* Artwork must NOT be watercolor or colored pencils
* Entry deadline: October 16, 2009
* Winner notified before November 1, 2009
* Recognized artist on a variety of 2010 souvenirs for the NC Azalea Festival
* Ride with a celebrity guest in the 2010 NC Azalea Festival parade
* Attend the 2010 Governor’s Press Conference in Raleigh to present Official Souvenir Artwork.
* 2 tickets to the Circus and a gift basket of NC Azalea Festival souvenirs featuring the winning artwork
* $50.00 Gift Card from Learning Express
2nd Place Winner receives Artwork featured on Street Fair program cover and 2 tickets to the Circus.
Finished artwork may be brought to the NC Azalea Festival office or Learning Express at Military Cutoff or Hanover Center. Students may also present their finished artwork to their art instructor or any other individual designated by their school.
If a school, group, organization or individual would like to participate and have not already been contacted, they may call the festival office, 910-794-4650 for information.
Art Unveiling at the “Airlie Oak” at Airlie Gardens on Friday, September 25, 2009 at 6:30pm
ART-UNVEILING TICKET INFORMATION
Event: Art at the Oak
Date: Friday, September 25, 2009 6:30PM
Tickets at the gate: $45.00
The 63rd Annual North Carolina Azalea Festival is pleased to announce an art contest open to children in our area in grades K-5. The selected artwork will appear on souvenir items for the 2010 Azalea Festival.
Story summary image
More: continued here