Wilmington HotelsWilmington AdvertiseWilmington AttractionsWilmington BeachesWilmington Business DirectoryWilmingtonWilmingtonWilmington GolfWilmington JobsWilmington NewsWilmington DiningWilmington Weather
     

 

 

Wilmington, NC News

  Free Wilmington Travel Guide!

NC mother, 3 children suffer CO poisoning in home

Video

Body

CHARLOTTE, N.C. — Authorities say a North Carolina mother and her three young children were rushed to a hospital with carbon monoxide poisoning after she cooked on a charcoal grill inside their apartment.

Multiple media outlets report the Charlotte family was rescued Sunday evening after a neighbor’s carbon monoxide detector went off.

Upstairs neighbor Edward Kennedy said he called 911 after he
realized where the smoke was coming from and knocked on their door
without an answer.

Charlotte Fire Department Capt. Mark Basnight said the mother had been cooking vegetables on a charcoal grill inside.

Firefighters found the four inside, semiconscious and unable to move. The children were ages 10 and under.

Their condition at a Charlotte hospital was unknown.

(Copyright 2010 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)

Story image

Story summary

Authorities say a North Carolina mother and her three young children were rushed to a hospital with carbon monoxide poisoning after she cooked on a charcoal grill inside their apartment.

Story summary image

Associated poll

More: continued here

Be Sociable, Share!
 

Archives

News provided by WWAY NewsChannel 3 and the StarNewsOnline

|Home| |Events| |Attractions| |Accommodations| |Restaurants| |Golf| |Beaches| |Jobs| |Getting Here| |Climate| |Directory| |News| |Advertise| |Contact Us|

 
 
  Welcome to Wilmington, North Carolina