Fire breaks out at Wilmington retirement community
WILMINGTON, NC (WWAY) — Residents of a Wilmington retirement home had an eventful evening. A fire broke out on the fourth floor of Lake Shore Commons Retirement Community when a cigarette was not properly discarded. The building’s sprinkler system extinguished the fire. One woman was transported to New Hanover Regional for precautionary measures, but has already been authorized for release.
Damages are estimated to be about $50,000. Firefighters and facility staff were able to get all of the residents out in time.
More: continued here