ONLY ON 3: Brian Berger agrees to sit-down interview with WWAY
WILMINGTON, NC (WWAY) — After a week filled with controversy, New Hanover County Commissioner Brian Berger says he will sit down with WWAY’s Cliff Pyron for a live, unedited interview on WWAY NewsChannel 3 next week. Berger agreed to the interview Thursday evening after a lengthy conversation with Cliff off camera at the New Hanover County Government Center.
The interview is tentatively scheduled for Monday during WWAY NewsChannel 3 at 5:30 p.m. We are waiting to hear back from Berger to confirm the date and time.
Berger said he would only do the interview with Cliff and if it was aired live. WWAY has had a long-standing offer to Berger for a live interview, but so far, he has not accepted the offer.
Berger has made headlines this week after police were called to his home for what sources have said was an attempted suicide. Berger has denied the claims. The commissioner later publicly accused the Wilmington Police Department of lying in its report regarding the incident.
More: continued here