ONLY ON 3: Commissioner Brian Berger renegs on interview, again; Says he’s considering resigning
WILMINGTON, NC (WWAY) – Twenty five minutes before New Hanover County Commissioner Brian Berger was supposed to do a live interview here at the TV station, he called and pulled the plug. He called it a “postponement” not a “cancellation” even though he confirmed twice over the weekend that he would show up.
He did tell us on the phone though that he is considering resigning and needs to talk more to other commissioners first.
It’s not the first time Berger has gone back on his word to do an interview. A few months ago, he claimed we had a number of errors in stories about him. We invited him to the station to go over them with us, with the promise of if he could prove otherwise, we would agree to correct them. We also gave him a week to get info together and come for the interview. Just before 5:00 p.m. on a Friday, Berger emailed and cancelled the appointment.
WILMINGTON, NC (WWAY) — After a week filled with controversy, New Hanover County Commissioner Brian Berger says he will sit down with WWAY’s Cliff Pyron for a live, unedited interview on WWAY NewsChannel 3 TODAY AT 5:30. Berger agreed to the interview Thursday evening after a lengthy conversation with Cliff off camera at the New Hanover County Government Center.
Berger said he would only do the interview with Cliff and if it was aired live. WWAY has had a long-standing offer to Berger for a live interview, but so far, he has not accepted the offer.
Berger made headlines last week after police were called to his home for what sources have said was an attempted suicide. Berger has denied the claims. The commissioner later publicly accused the Wilmington Police Department of lying in its report regarding the incident.
More: continued here