Family of al-Qaida propagandist issues statement
CHARLOTTE, NC (AP) — The Charlotte family of the al-Qaida propagandist killed last week in a US airstrike in Yemen says the 25-year-old was a law-abiding US citizen who was assassinated by the American government.
The Charlotte Observer reported that the family of Samir Khan issued a statement Wednesday in which they said the government hasn’t contacted them with any news about the recovery of his remains or offered condolences. They said they’re appalled by the government’s indifference.
Khan’s family moved to Charlotte from New York in 2004.
A few years ago, Khan moved to Yemen to produce “Inspire,” an English-language magazine for al-Qaida. In one early edition, he wrote that he was proud to be a traitor to America.
On Friday, he was killed along with radical cleric Anwar al-Awlaki.
(Copyright 2011 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)
More: continued here