Hannah Block Historic USO/Community Arts Center seeks artist submissions for January exhibition
WILMINGTON, NC (NEWS RELEASE) — The Vision of the Hannah Block Historic USO/Community Arts Center is to restore and maintain the historic Second and Orange Street USO as a permanent home for the arts in the Wilmington area, to facilitate activities of community arts organizations and to promote the arts and arts education.
The purpose of the HBHUSO/CAC Gallery Exhibition is to showcase the talents of community 2D & 3D artists who are under-represented in traditional gallery venues and student artists from New Hanover, Pender & Brunswick Counties.
All formats of art work will be considered for this exhibition.
* Only original artwork completed within the last two years will be considered for exhibition. An original artwork is the artist’s sole creation and is not, in whole or in part, a copy of any other persons work or photograph. Preference is given to artists from New Hanover, Brunswick & Pender Counties.
• Exhibits rotate on a bi-monthly monthly and may feature two or more artists. Selections are made by a Review Panel.
• The Review Panel requires a minimum of 10 digital images for consideration. Images must be in a JPEG or TIFF format with a minimum resolution of 300 dpi. Additional support material including resume, exhibit history, and artist’s website will aid in the selection process.
• Images will not be returned until after the show. Artist may submit additional images for publicity.
• Works must be suitable for viewing by the general public.
• Works previously exhibited at the Hannah Block Historic USO/Community Arts Center Gallery are ineligible for future shows.
•The artist is responsible for providing any specialized display equipment needed -pedestals, easels, lighting, etc. Three-dimensional works will be considered for wall installations only if hung from a bracket system as the walls, USO exhibits and furniture cannot be damaged or altered in any way.
• The HBHUSO/CAC reserves the right to select particular pieces for the show.
• By submission of an application, the artist accepts all conditions set forth in this prospectus. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
• Artists who will not be dropping off their work in person are responsible for all costs associated with the shipping to and from the HBHUSO/CAC.
• Applications must be received by December 2nd . Submissions received after that date will be reviewed for future exhibitions.
• Notification of the review panels’ decisions will be emailed no later than December 16th.
For more information or to download a full set of submission guidelines and application, please visit our website at www.wilmingtoncac.org, or email Jennifer Coxe, Managing Director at Jennifer.Coxe@thalian.org
More: continued here