Wilmington HotelsWilmington AdvertiseWilmington AttractionsWilmington BeachesWilmington Business DirectoryWilmingtonWilmingtonWilmington GolfWilmington JobsWilmington NewsWilmington DiningWilmington Weather



Wilmington, NC News

  Free Wilmington Travel Guide!

Commissioners vote for beach nourishment agreement

WILMINGTON, NC (WWAY) — New Hanover County Commissioners voted Monday night in favor of a beach enrichment agreement. Under the agreement, county and federal dollars would cover 82.5 percent of the cost while the state would pay for the other 17.5 percent.

If the state falls through on its share, the beach towns in New Hanover County would have to cover the 17.5 percent. If the federal government denies the agreement, the majority of the cost would be left to the county.

Renourishment of the beaches involves putting more sand, bulldozing and widening beaches after erosion.

More: continued here

Be Sociable, Share!


News provided by WWAY NewsChannel 3 and the StarNewsOnline

|Home| |Events| |Attractions| |Accommodations| |Restaurants| |Golf| |Beaches| |Jobs| |Getting Here| |Climate| |Directory| |News| |Advertise| |Contact Us|

  Welcome to Wilmington, North Carolina