NC Christmas tree fire displaces 2 from home
GREENSBORO, NC (AP) — Two Greensboro residents are spending the holiday with the Red Cross after a burning Christmas tree forced them from their home.
Firefighters responding the Saturday night emergency call saw fire and smoke pouring from the front of the home.
Investigators believe the Christmas tree was placed too close to the fireplace, which sparked the blaze.
Authorities have not released the names of the two people who live at the house. Neither one was injured.
The Red Cross provided clothes, food and shelter to the residents.
After the blaze was extinguished, firefighters tried to retrieve Christmas presents and other personal items for the residents.
(Copyright 2011 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)
More: continued here