NC elections board rejects appeal to get on ballot
RALEIGH, N.C. (AP) – The North Carolina State Board of Elections has rejected a request by the former chairman of the Forsyth County Republican Party to get on a congressional ballot after officials determined he missed last month’s candidate filing deadline.
The board voted 4-0 Thursday to deny the appeal of Nathan Tabor, who came to the Raleigh board room at midday Feb. 29 to file for the 6th District primary. State elections director Gary Bartlett announced at noon that day the filing period was over. Tabor has said he was in the building at the time and was told he had made it.
Tabor said he would not appeal the decision, and plans to run in 2014.
Incumbent Howard Coble and challengers Billy Yow and Bill Flynn are in the primary.
(Copyright 2012 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)
More: continued here