CFPUA hit gas line, homes evacuated in Wilmington
WILMINGTON, NC (WWAY) — Nearly 2 dozen homes were evacuated this morning in Wilmington because of a natural gas leak at Hanover and McRae Streets in Wilmington.
A 3/4″ gas line ruptured when CFPUA crews were digging. The Wilmington Fire Department and Piedmont Gas responded around 10:00am to evacuate homes and keep the area secured during repairs.
Chief David Hines said the gas line was not marked.
Crews reopened the streets just after 11:00am.
More: continued here