TORNADO WATCH has been canceled; Stay with WWAY for any updates
WILMINGTON, NC (WWAY) — The StormTrack 3 Weather Team is tracking a large storm system. It produced tornadoes in Alabama yesterday, and could do the same here today. We’ve already seen some waterspouts come ashore.
The Tornado Watch for our area has been canceled.
The powerful system sparking the threat for severe weather is moving offshore, relieving us of any tornado development.
When severe weather strikes…
HAVE A PLAN
- If a tornado threatens, it’s best to be is low to the ground away from windows. Locate an interior room on your home’s lowest floor. This often may be a bathroom or even a closet. Locate this and make sure your family knows where to go if a tornado warning is issued for your area.
- Make sure you have a way to receive warnings. The StormTrack 3 Weather Team has many ways to provide you with this potentially live saving information.
- Download the StormTrack 3 Mobile App for your smart phone. This receives warnings and can notify you in the event of a storm, even if the power is out.
- Follow WWAY and our meteorologists on Facebook (WWAY, Meteorologist Tim Buckley) and Twitter (@wway, @TimBuckleyWX) for constant storm updates
- Stay with us on-air and online. If a tornado warning is in place, we will broadcast live and stream it on our website until the threat passes.
We’ll provide updates throughout the day until the storm passes. You can count on us!
– Meteorologist Tim Buckley
More: continued here