FIRST ON 3: House fire sparks with residents, infant inside
WILMINGTON, NC (WWAY) — Flames destroyed a Wilmington home with residents inside after a pot was left unattended in the kitchen.
It happened at 709 S. 9th St. just after 12:15 a.m. Tuesday.
According to fire crews, the house was fully engulfed when they arrived, but the 3 residents managed to get out before anyone was hurt.
Battalion Chief Born says a woman told firefighters she went to tend to her baby after she began cooking in the kitchen, and that’s what caused the fire.
Born says the man, woman and infant are staying with friends.
More: continued here