Wilmington HotelsWilmington AdvertiseWilmington AttractionsWilmington BeachesWilmington Business DirectoryWilmingtonWilmingtonWilmington GolfWilmington JobsWilmington NewsWilmington DiningWilmington Weather



Wilmington, NC News

  Free Wilmington Travel Guide!

UPDATE: Electrical short sparks attic fire while residents inside

WILMINGTON, NC (WWAY) — An attic fire that sparked at a Wilmington home while the residents were inside was called by an electrical short.

According to David Hines with the Wilmington Fire Department, crews were able to extinguish the fire that started around 2 a.m. at 2819 Morgan Street.

The residents, who were at home at the time of the fire, called 911.

Hines says the American Red Cross is helping the family relocate. No injuries were reported.

The fire caused over $12,000 in damage to the home.

More: continued here

Be Sociable, Share!


News provided by WWAY NewsChannel 3 and the StarNewsOnline

|Home| |Events| |Attractions| |Accommodations| |Restaurants| |Golf| |Beaches| |Jobs| |Getting Here| |Climate| |Directory| |News| |Advertise| |Contact Us|

  Welcome to Wilmington, North Carolina