UPDATE: UNCW students back in dorm after gas leak evacuation
WILMINGTON, NC (WWAY) — UNCW students are back inside Graham-Hewlett Hall after a gas leak evacuated 300 to 400 students who live there last night.
Around 11 p.m. Wilmington fire crews moved students out of the dorm after someone smelled a gas odor during a routine security check.
A UNCW spokesperson says students got the all clear to return to their rooms just after midnight, since only a low level of gas was detected inside a laundry room.
The spokesperson says there will be a planned evacuation this morning as they continue to investigate. There were no injuries.
More: continued here