Cigarette to blame for Friday fire at Oleander Dr. office
WILMINGTON, NC (WWAY) — The Wilmington Fire Department says a fire the damaged an Oleander Drive office building Friday was an accident caused by improperly discarded smoking material.
Investigators say the fire at 6329 Oleander Drive started outside on the second floor landing. They say it burned up the exterior of the building, through the soffit and into the attic.
The fire department estimates damage at about $800,000.
More: continued here