Crews battle fires in frigid cold; one home destroyed
WILMINGTON, NC (WWAY) — The Wilmington Fire Department quickly put out a fire at a home on N. Kerr Ave. this afternoon.
Firefighters say that a crack in the chimney caused the fire by letting flames escape and get into the roof. It caused around $3,000 worth of damage.
No one was hurt.
In Columbus County an early-morning fire destroyed a home. Witnesses say there was a man in the house in Delco right off of US 74, but they say he was able to get out safely.
We have not been able to get a hold of the Columbus County Fire Marshal for more information.
More: continued here