Wilmington HotelsWilmington AdvertiseWilmington AttractionsWilmington BeachesWilmington Business DirectoryWilmingtonWilmingtonWilmington GolfWilmington JobsWilmington NewsWilmington DiningWilmington Weather



Wilmington, NC News

  Free Wilmington Travel Guide!

Grease fire causes $25,000 in damages

WILMINGTON, NC (WWAY) — Wilmington Fire Department says an early morning fire claimed the kitchen of a family’s home after grease was overheated on the stove.

WFD crews responded to a call on 1115 S. 9th St. around 3:30 AM.

The first unit arrived within seven minutes and were able to extinguish the fire in less than 15.

The blaze was contained to the kitchen but smoke damages extended throughout the home.

Damages were estimated at $25,000.

The family is staying with nearby relatives.

No one was injured.


More: continued here

Be Sociable, Share!


News provided by WWAY NewsChannel 3 and the StarNewsOnline

|Home| |Events| |Attractions| |Accommodations| |Restaurants| |Golf| |Beaches| |Jobs| |Getting Here| |Climate| |Directory| |News| |Advertise| |Contact Us|

  Welcome to Wilmington, North Carolina