Wilmington HotelsWilmington AdvertiseWilmington AttractionsWilmington BeachesWilmington Business DirectoryWilmingtonWilmingtonWilmington GolfWilmington JobsWilmington NewsWilmington DiningWilmington Weather



Wilmington, NC News

  Free Wilmington Travel Guide!

NEW DETAILS: Bladen Co. shooting victim’s name released

BLADEN COUNTY, NC (WWAY) — Investigators in Bladen County have released the name of a man shot and killed early yesterday morning.

The Bladen County Sheriff’s Office says Malcom Jerome Melvin, 23, was hit in the head. There were other people in the home at the time of the shooting, but no one else was injured.

Investigators say all evidence so far shows that a handgun was used.

Deputies were called to the 100 Block of Sammy Lane near Elizabethtown just before 2:30 a.m. Tuesday for a report of someone shot, according to a news release from the Sheriff’s Office. When they got there they found Melvin lying in the front doorway of his home. Deputies tried to revive him, but they were unsuccessful.

Neighbor Allen Moradne heard the commotion.

“Startled me at first but it happened so fast, and that was it,” Moradne said. “All I heard was gunshots.”

The owner of the mobile home park released a statement:

“Our hearts go out to Malcom and his family. I have confidence that the detectives of the Bladen County Sheriff’s Department as well as our District Attorney’s office will seek out, catch and prosecute whomever is responsible.”

The Sheriff’s Office has not released any information about what led to the shooting or if there are any suspects. Another neighbor said an argument on Facebook might have caused the shooting.


More: continued here

Be Sociable, Share!


News provided by WWAY NewsChannel 3 and the StarNewsOnline

|Home| |Events| |Attractions| |Accommodations| |Restaurants| |Golf| |Beaches| |Jobs| |Getting Here| |Climate| |Directory| |News| |Advertise| |Contact Us|

  Welcome to Wilmington, North Carolina