A Pender County family is picking up the pieces, after a fire destroyed their mobile home.
Fire investigators say an over-loaded switch panel sparked the blaze around 6:30 Wednesday evening. Seven people lived inside the Burgaw home, including four children, but were not there when the fire started.
Investigators say the mobile home is total loss.
“My mother and stepfather have been here for fourteen years, and my mother is the glue of this family,” said resident Tammy Piner. “And to see her like she was last night, you know if something happens to the glue, what’s going to happen to the family.”
The Red Cross is offering assistance. Right now, Piner and her family are staying with relatives while they figure out how to rebuild.
Fire investigators say an over-loaded switch panel sparked the blaze in a mobile home in Burgaw.
Story summary image
More: continued here