WILMINGTON, NC (WWAY) — Crews are on the scene of a house fire in Wilmington that was apparently sparked when a car hit the home. New Hanover County Dispatch says it happened in the 200 block of Kenwood Avenue.
A witness told WWAY the car hit the home, which then caught fire sending thick black smoke into the air. The witness said crews were evacuating some neighboring homes because of the threat of a gas leak.
We have a crew at the scene. Stay with WWAY NewsChannel 3 for updates as they become available.
More: continued here